Q & A - Corner Issue #3
This weeks' issue of NASET Q & A Corner presents the following questions.
Questions and Answers about Procedural Safeguards and Due Process
- What are Procedural Safeguards?
- What are Parent/guardians' Rights Regarding Notice?
- What are Parent/guardians' Rights Regarding Consent?
- What are Parent/guardians' Rights for Evaluation, Reevaluation and Independent Educational Evaluation?
- Do Parent/guardians Need to Inform the School District if They Intend to Seek an Independent Educational Evaluation?
- Is the School Required to Accept the Results of an Independent Education Evaluation?
- How Do Parent/guardians Find a Professional or Clinic to Conduct an Independent Educational Evaluation?
- Are a Student's Records Confidential?
- What are Parent/guardian's Rights Regarding Their Student's Records?
- Can Parent/guardians See Their Student’s Educational Records?
- Can Anyone Else See a Student’s School Records Without Parent/guardian Consent?
- Can Parent/guardians Review Their Student’s School Records?
- How Can Parent/guardians Obtain a Copy of Their Student’s School Records?
- Do Parent/guardians Have a Right to Review Their Student’s Record When He or She Becomes an Adult Student?
- What Can Parent/guardians Do When They Disagree with their School District’s Decisions?
- What Options are Available to Parent/guardians When They Disagree with the School District’s Decisions?
- What is Mediation?
- What is Due Process?
- What is a Due Process Hearing?
- What Options are Available to Parent/guardians if They Want to Put Their Student in a Private School?
- What Can the Public Agency Do if Parent/guardians Don't Consent to Their Student's Initial Evaluation, Reevaluation, or Initial Provision of Special Education and Related Services?
NASET Members - Login to access this issue of the NASETQ & A Corner