See what members have to say about NASET -
Explore the wealth of information and resources available to registered NASET members!
NASET has always provided an online platform that supplied the resources required for Special Education Professional Development. Over the years, we have added numerous courses, lectures, PowerPoint presentations, resources and e-Publications. In fact, the sheer volume of content has reached a point where another approach to maximize the primary function of professional development was needed. From this need for a better layout to allow for easier access and use of our website for Professional Development we created the PDP. To learn more - Click here
Hundreds of e-Publications available for online viewing and as PDF files for downloading. All past articels are archived. Take a moment to review the large list of our e-Publications that grows monthly. - To learn more - Click here
Comprehensive resources from audio lectures, databases of informational resources, IEP development tool, Conferences, Teacher Forum and Much More...To learn more - Click here
From the latest job listings to professional development courses, NASET's Career Center provides you with tools and information to further your Career as a Special Educator. To learn more - Click here
Latest Issue of JAASEP
(Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals)
Click on the JAASEP Image for the Table of Contents
Click on the e-Journal Image for the Table of Contents
NASET's Career Center showcases the latest job openings in special education.
Also, you'll find:
- Career Advice
- Book Resources
- Tips on Resumes & Cover Letters
- Interviewing Techniques
- Special Ed Career Fact Sheets
- Guidelines for Licensing and Certification in all 50 States
* Special Education Teacher - The Ridge School, Adventist HealthCare, is hiring a full-time Teacher in Rockville, Maryland. We are currently offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus to qualified candidates! We're seeking an experienced Teacher who will embrace our mission to extend God’s care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing. To learn more- Click here
* [2022-2023] Reading Intervention Specialist - Like all DREAM employees, the Intervention Specialist should demonstrate a strong commitment to the mission and values of DREAM and should have substantial expertise in all areas of responsibility. Candidates must also value DREAM's comprehensive approach to education and desire to make a lasting impact in underserved communities as part of a growing organization. To learn more- Click here
* SPED Teacher at Humanities High School (Bronx) - New Visions seeks the most talented and dedicated educators to bring their skills, experience, and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where teachers are empowered to meet each student's unique learning needs and open the doors to new and rich opportunities. Our teachers are dynamic and innovative pedagogues who are committed to urban students and the issues they face every day. To learn more- Click here
* Teacher of the Deaf/Special Educator - Early Intervention - The Early Intervention preschool classroom teacher is a Teacher of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing, though candidates with Early Childhood Special Education certification will be considered, who works with students ages three to five in a classroom setting and is responsible for planning and leading all aspects of the daily learning environment. The classroom teacher develops and implements classroom lesson plans with a focus on student's auditory, speech, and language skills, while facilitating their development across all developmental domains and meeting IEP goals. To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Trainees - A Substitute Special Education Trainee works on an as needed basis performing beginning-level work in assisting in meeting the physical and educational needs of students in special education schools and classes. The core purpose of special education is to provide specially designed instruction and intervention, as well as to give students with disabilities access to the same educational programs and/or activities that are available to their nondisabled peers. To learn more- Click here
* High School Teacher - We’re Hiring! New Visions is seeking a stellar and dedicated Special Education Teacher to bring their skills, experience and energy to a collaborative and innovative learning environment where all learners have equal access to educational opportunities, and where barriers to learning are reduced and learner diversity is recognized, supported and embraced. In this role, you’ll develop accessible curriculum through team co-planning, co-teaching and co-assessing, advocate to ensure that students receive appropriate supports, and work to build students’ academic and socio-emotional skills. To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Teacher- Multiple Positions - STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2021 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here. To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Resource Teacher - Galapagos is looking for driven educators who truly believe in the ability of all children to succeed at the highest levels. Our staff works incredibly hard to deliver rigorous, individualized, data-driven and explicit instruction to our scholars. To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Teachers $50/hr -Maxim Healthcare Staffing is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher provide quality services to special education students, kindergarten through grade 12, through a commitment to team participation in planning and implementation of student programs including special instruction, tutorial assistance and consultation with general education staff. To learn more- Click here
* Teacher - Virtual - Interested in teaching online courses? You can work full time or part time for supplemental income. Set your own hours, work from your own home, and earn your equivalent teaching salary or more! To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Teacher-(Elementary, Middle, or High School) - The EC Teacher plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students with disabilities in a variety of educational settings. To learn more- Click here
Click on the e-Journal Image for the Table of Contents
Click on the JAASEP Image for the Table of Contents
NASET Sponsored Facebook Special Education Teachers Group
NEW fastIEP by NASET
* Log IEP goals in a single click
* See student progress in real time
* Generate IEP reports automatically
To Learn More - Click here
Take a moment to review the various e-Publications, professional development and special education resources.
NASET is proud to offer its' members free access to one of the most extensive and comprehensive sources of Professional Development courses available today. With over 100 courses ranging from 1 to 3 hours each, NASET provides it's members the opportunity for over 100 hours of professional development included with your membership in NASET.
Professional Development Courses (101 courses) - Free with Membership!
Board Certification in Special Education establishes a much needed standard for professionals, across disciplines, who work with exceptional children.
NASET provides the multiple areas with valuable information about IEPs. From a ePublication IEP Components to mutlple articles resources, forms, NASET has a wealth of information for the special education professional.
The online Special Educator e-Journal is published monthly throughout the year and provides timely information on what's current in special education.
This list is provided to all members of NASET to help facilitate the numerous tasks required on a daily basis. All documents are available to view online or download as a PDF file for offline printing.
NASET's Week in Review is a weekly emailed publication that provides members with some of the most interesting stories, topics and issues reported during the week in the field of special education.
NASET News Alerts provide the latest special education news as it happens. News Alerts are emailed, posted and through RSS feeds.
This series provides NASET members with an in-depth look at the step-by-step process of assessing students for eligibility and educational placement in special education.
This series is devoted to lesser known disorders that you may encounter in special education. While not as prevalent as other disorders experienced by most special education teachers, you should be aware of these disorders in order to become more knowledgeable, and increase your ability to assist patents of children with these disorders if they should appear in your classroom or school. Each month we will present a list of 3 disorders that appear in the special education population. Some of these disorders may contain subtypes which will also be presented.
The NASET LD Report is an education resource that provides NASET members with a comprehensive overview of learning disabilities. The NASET LD Report covers many areas of study in the field of LD.
The Practical Teacher is a monthly education resource that provides NASET members with practical tools, strategies, and relevant information that they can use both in and outside of the classroom.
Parent Teacher Conference Handouts can be given at the end of parent teacher conferences to reinforce concepts and help parents better understand information discussed at the conference. New additions are added monthly.
The NASET RTI Roundtable is an educational resource that provides members with the latest information on RTI.
The NASET Autism Spectrum Disorder Series is an education resource that focused on the research, writing, and practical information that we have obtained on causes, characteristics, eligibility, assessment, and teaching strategies.
NASET’s Behavior Management Series is a unique guide for all teachers in helping to understand what their student’s behavior really means and how to identify and resolve the issue. This series offers teachers the insight into the inner dynamics, conflicts, fears, symptoms, tension, and so on of students who may be experiencing difficulty learning or behaving in the classroom.
The Classroom Management Series provide teachers with practical guidelines covering a variety of topics and supportive information which may help improve their classroom.
A Journal of Research Based Articles in Special Education are provided courtesy of The Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals (JAASEP). Each issue contains articles that are derived from multiple authors and are based upon the latest research in our profession.
This series is devoted exclusively to students with severe disabilities. This series will cover all aspects of students with severe disabilities focusing especially on understanding this population and what skills and information are necessary if you are asked to teach this population of students.
At NASET, we get many questions from our members about certain areas of interest. The NASET Q & A Corner provides all members with the opportunities to have access to these questions, and more importantly, answers to them from professionals in the field.
This series is intended to provide teachers, related service personnel, administrators, and other individuals charged with assisting in the development of the paraprofessional workforce with information and strategies to build strong, effective, supportive teams to ensure successful educational services for all students.