Q & A Corner - Issue #17
NASET Q & A Corner
Questions and Answers About Basic Special Education Jargon
Questions answered include:
- What is Special Education?
- In the Definition of Special Education, What Does “Specially Designed Instruction” Mean?
- In the Definition of Special Education, What Does “At No Cost to Parent/guardians” Mean?
- In the Definition of Special Education, What Does a “Student with a Disability” Mean?
- Where is Special Education Instruction Provided?
- What Federal Laws Protect Students with Disabilities?
- What is the Purpose of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)?
- What is a Free Appropriate Public Education?
- Who is Considered a Parent/guardian under IDEA?
- What Disabilities are Covered Under IDEA?
NASET Members - Login to access this issue of the NASETQ & A Corner