Journals to Literacy Resources
Journals in Special Education (Deaf and Special Education Databases)
Learning Strategies for Students with Learning Disabilities
- Chart to determine learning style: This chart helps you determine your learning style; read the word in the left column and then answer the questions in the successive three columns to see how you respond to each situation.
- Learning styles and multiple intelligences: Individuals learn best in many different ways, sometimes using a variety of learning styles, but teachers and trainers may not always present information & learning experiences in the ways that best suit you.
- Learning Styles Network: The Learning-Styles Network fosters life-long academic, intellectual, and personal success through the promotion and dissemination of research, information, publications and other resources focusing on learning, teaching, and productivity styles.
- Learning Styles Inventory: David A. Kolb's Learning Style Inventory describes the way you learn and how you deal with ideas and day-to-day situations in your life.
Least Restrictive Environment (LRE)
Lesson Plan Development Sites
- A complete guide to online lesson plans for K-12 Teachers: This site has millions of lesson plans on various subject matters including science, social studies, mathematics, reading and writing.
- Lesson search engines: The following 11 search engines for lesson plans is a selection of top rated lesson search engines. New sites are added each month.
- Teacher Vision Lesson plan site: This site has various lesson plans on various subject matters including science, social studies, mathematics, reading and writing.
- TeachersFirst: a rich collection of lessons and web resources for the K-12 classroom teacher, their students and students’ families.
- NICHCY connections to literacy: is pleased to connect you with sources of information and assistance on literacy. Literacy is knowing how to make meaning from written language by reading, writing, thinking, and communicating.