Rawson Saunders School
Founded in 1997, the mission of Rawson Saunders is to develop the full potential of children with dyslexia through an extraordinary education. Using proven, research-based teaching methods, Rawson Saunders is recognized nationally as a leader in innovative, multisensory instruction tailored specifically to the way students with dyslexia learn best. Rawson Saunders is an academically excellent, fully accredited and commended, full-curriculum, college prep, non-profit independent school for students with dyslexia in grades 1-12. It is the only school in central Texas of its kind and one of a few in the country.
Bright learners with dyslexia in grades 1-12
- Full-curriculum college prep education for dyslexic students in grades 1-12
- Daily Academic Language Therapy (2:1 student-teacher ratio)
- Multisensory, individualized, research-driven instruction in every class (8:1 student-teacher ratio in core subjects)
- Individualized math instruction (4:1 student-teacher ratio): Singapore Math, Algebra, Geometry, Pre-Calculus, and Statistics
- Daily STEM instruction
- Arts and Athletics including theatre, visual arts, music, woodworking, team sports, and a dynamic array of after school camps and clubs
- Interest-driven electives for Middle School students
- American Sign Language, Design Lab, and Positive Psychology for Upper School students
- On-site school counselors
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) program
- Support Services are open to the public and include assessments as well as tutoring in Academic Language Therapy, Early Literacy, Executive Coaching, Mathematics, and Writing.
- Summer Programs are open to the public for students entering grades 1-8.
- Community Education events are open to the public and include information sessions, workshops, and renowned guest speakers. The goal of our Community Education program is to share the wealth of knowledge that exists about dyslexia, to promote dyslexia awareness, and to provide parents and teachers with research-proven practices to support dyslexic students.
- Rawson Saunders Institute offers professional courses to effectively prepare educators to provide a proven, research-based, multisensory approach for teaching the basic language skills of reading, writing, and spelling to all students, including those with dyslexia.