The LearningSpring School for children on the autism spectrum in grades K-8 is committed to advance the social, developmental and academic growth of its students through pioneering educational and therapeutic strategies in order to prepare each child to participate in the wider community.
- LearningSpring challenges its students with an academic curriculum consistent with New York State Learning Standards.
- LearningSpring engages its students with an innovative social-skills curriculum based on current research and best practices.
- LearningSpring recognizes and nurtures each student's unique gifts and talents.
- LearningSpring is a place where students learn in small cooperative groups facilitated by highly qualified and motivated teachers and therapists.
- LearningSpring uses a multi-disciplinary approach to address the particular social, organizational, emotional, sensory, motor, pragmatic language and academic needs and goals of each individual.
- LearningSpring will continue to collaborate with research institutions to develop optimal programs and share this information.
- LearningSpring builds a working partnership with families as an integral part of the school program.
- LearningSpring offers a supportive and eco-friendly environment that helps students grow into inquisitive and socially engaged individuals.
Our goals for each child at the LearningSpring School are that they grow academically, socially and emotionally, and become:
- Life-long learners
- Flexible thinkers
- Cooperative team members
- Creative problem solvers
- Independent self-regulators
- Successful at making and keeping friends
- Engaged with their family and in their community
- Prepared to enter a less restrictive environment
247 East 20th Street
New York, NY 10003
Tel: 212-239-4926 Fax: 212-239-5226