Director III, Special Education Procedural Support
August 02, 2021
Willow Oaks Administrative Center, Fairfax Va.
- Directs the broad-based sections, services, programs, and activities of the Office of Special Education Procedural Support.
- Plans, organizes, supervises, and evaluates all activities, program functions, personnel, and physical resources of the Office of Special Education Procedural Support.
- Serves as the division expert regarding federal, state, and local special education policies and regulations.
- Postgraduate Professional License with teaching endorsement(s) in special education with administration and supervision preK-12 endorsement, plus seven years of progressively more responsible special education related experience in teaching and/or administration and supervision.Equivalent education and experience may be considered.
- Can demonstrate broad knowledge of the principles, practices, methods, and current trends of special education and school administration; knowledge of the procedures and practices of the educational specialties in the Office of Special Education Procedural Support.
- Ability to manage fiscal, physical, and human resources to successfully carry out the function and programs of the office to which assigned.
- Ability to supervise and lead; and capacity to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships with personnel assigned to schools, other departments, public entities, parents, and citizens.
Interested candidates should apply online