Your Selected Job Posting
Special Needs TutorsJuly 09, 2021
Looking for a part-time job or to earn extra money?
Special Needs Tutors is seeking dynamic, state credentialed special needs teachers to tutor on our virtual platform teaching learners all over the world.
Special Needs Tutors only hires state credentialed special needs teachers to tutor and support our learners. We specialize and focus specifically on the special needs community by utilizing evidence-based practices for these special needs students and progress monitor to show achievement.
This is a perfect second job to earn extra money from the safety of your own home. There is no minimum hourly requirement; all you need is a computer, reliable internet, a quiet space and willingness to teach.
- Provide live, virtual teaching instruction based upon child needs
- Prepare for session ahead of time
- Lesson plan
- Take data based on the session
- Bachelor's degree or higher, required;
- State credentials as a special needs teacher from any state department of education, required;
- Dynamic personality, required;
- Experience in lesson planning, required;
- Have a quiet work area to teach from, required;
- Have a computer to teach from, required;
- Expertise in math, reading, writing; desired;
- Special certification in reading (i.e. Orton Gillingham, Wilson, Barton, etc.), desired;
- Ability to teach during the school day, at night, and/or weekends, desired;
- At least one year of teaching experience with record of improving student achievement, preferred;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community
- Desire and ability to receive and implement feedback
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (including colleagues, students, families)
- A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students from all over the world
- A strong belief in the mission and values of Special Needs Tutors, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students
Applications are continually accepted for this contracted position.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
Special Needs Tutors values diversity, equity, and inclusion and does not discriminate.
Beyond the joy of teaching the special needs population and interacting with families from all over the world, our starting pay is $24 per hour of teaching with a maximum compensation at $35/hour. Compensation is based upon qualifications. All our tutors are considered contracted. No other benefits are given at this time.