Your Selected Job Posting
Full Time Director of Special Needs MinistryJuly 09, 2021
Special Needs Ministry Director
The Director of Special Needs Ministry will provide oversight and leadership to five direct reports. This leader will be responsible to develop, oversee and implement a philosophy of ministry that shares the gospel, provides discipleship and creates a sense of belonging for those with special needs and their families.
The ideal candidate will be passionate and committed to providing oversight, leadership and education to the Special Needs Ministry team at all campuses of Faith Church in order to accomplish the vision and mission of growing the ministry to meet the needs of people with special needs and their families. We are seeking a collaborative, adaptable, and visionary leader with a demonstrated ability to interact with people of various developmental levels including volunteers and pastors. In this role the leader will be responsible for:
- Developing, overseeing and implementing a philosophy of ministry for those with special needs in line with the vision of Faith Church.
- Providing direction and oversight for the weekly Reflectors programming which includes modified Bible lessons, crafts, games, singing, and other interactive activities.
- Collaborating with other ministries and campuses to help expand the Reflectors program by developing distinct ways to include people with special needs and provide ministry to their families; by sharing the gospel, providing discipleship, and creating a sense of belonging.
- Assisting with plans and oversight of annual events to serve the needs of the special needs communities.
- Building and maintaining ministry partners within the special needs community and identifying resources to support the efforts of reaching this underserved community with the gospel.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s in Special Education or Bachelor’s related to Church Ministry
- Required Experience: Five years of special needs ministry experience is preferred; or five years of experience working in a disability-related field. Qualifications:
- Personal commitment to the Lordship of Jesus Christ
- Mature faith and steadfast character
- Reliance on the authority of Scripture and prayer
- Sense of calling to an “equipping of the saints”
- Knowledge of ministry to those with special needs
- Computer skills
Faith Church in Dyer, Indiana is looking to add a talented individual to our story!
We are seeking a Full Time Director of Special Needs Ministry to work closely with our ministry teams at multiple campuses. Faith Church, one church with five locations, is a Bible-believing, outreach-oriented community of believers committed to changing the world one relationship at a time. Check us out at wearefaith.org!
How to Apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com