Your Selected Job Posting
National, Virtual Special Education TeacherJune 28, 2021
Location - Virtual
K12 becomes Stride, Inc. and we’re leading education into the future! Stride helps learners of all ages reach their full potential through inspired teaching and personalized learning. Our K–12 (K12) offering provides individually tailored, one-to-one learning solutions for kids from kindergarten through high school across the country - changing lives and opening possibilities. We tap into students' unique potential and watch happens when children work at the right pace and with the tools, approaches, and content that make learning come alive.
Stride K12 is looking for Special Education Teachers to join our talented group of passionate education professionals. Special Education Teacher provide instruction, support and guidance, manage the learning process, and focus on students’ individual needs as defined by each student’s IEP. The special education teacher is also responsible for the compliance documents required in serving students with special needs.
This posting is an opportunity for prospective candidates from events to submit their resume for any future job opportunities for 2021 and 2022!
- Implement instructional strategies that stimulate learning and increase student engagement
- Create instructional resources to meet the varying needs of students
- Collaborate with parents and colleagues to manage coarse goals, curriculum, and materials that enhance the learning experience
- Actively participate in Professional Learning Communities (or professional development)
- Host live synchronous sessions that promote a positive learning environment
- Analyze student data to prescribe remediation and enrichment as needed
- Participate in data analysis meetings to monitor student growth
- Collects data and work samples to support documentation of IEP goals;
- Documents all contact with parents, collaborations with general education teachers, and interventions with students
- Makes modifications and accommodations to K12 lessons and assessments as specified by the IEP
- Collaborates with general education teachers to ensure inclusion and success of student in the general education classroom
- Collaborates on all progress, semester and grade reports
- Provides special education services to students; supports general education teachers and parents with student accommodations to promote the attainment of IEP goals
- Communicates with parents and applicable related service staff to ensure that students with special needs are receiving the appropriate therapies
- Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in education and or related field AND
- Six (6) months of student teaching experience AND
- Must live anywhere within desired state of the open teaching opportunity
Certificates and Licenses:
- Special Education state teaching certification (Must match state of residency)
Other Required Qualifications:
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Strong written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to travel at least once per month within and between assigned geographic areas to support students, attend regularly scheduled meetings, and participate in school activities, open houses and orientations.
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- An ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- Ability to clear required background check(s)
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience working in a virtual environment.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and tools
- Experience teaching online (virtual) and/or in a brick-and-mortar environment
- Familiar with Blackboard Collaborative or other online platforms
See Open Positions and Apply - Click here
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a home-based position
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Stride, Inc. is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status age,, or genetics, or any other characteristic protected by law.