Your Selected Job Posting
Director of the Vocational Independence ProgramJune 03, 2021
- Direct and oversee the overall operations of the program including supervision of staff, budget, and administrative functions
- Work with various departments on campus, outside agencies including school districts, advocacy and family organizations to recruit a cohort of students for the CMSV-VIP program each year
- Develop individualized skills based academic, social, and vocational success plans for each VIP student culminating with a transition plan for the student’s use beyond graduation
- Coordinate professional development for VIP staff in addition to providing training to faculty, staff and students on the purpose and goals of the CMSV-VIP program
- Collaborate with the Office of Institutional Advancement to seek and obtain external funds to support the program including state, regional, foundation, and federal grants
- Provide vision, planning and assessment for the program to advance the department
- Partake on division, college-wide or community committees as assigned
- Masters degree in Education or related field, doctorate preferred
- Five+ years of experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities and their families
- Two+ years of experience working in higher education
- Experience with vocational preparation of persons with developmental disabilities
- Experience in developing and managing effective teams
- Experience with state and other outside agencies that support vocational and community inclusion of persons with developmental disabilities
- Knowledge and experience in the use of positive support methods for behavior and instruction
Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Plan, STD, LTD, Life Insurance, etc.
Applicants must send a cover letter, resume, and a list of three references who can speak to your professional qualifications by email to HR@mountsaintvincent.edu All qualified applicants are subject to a background check as part of the final approval process.
College of Mount Saint Vincent is committed to providing equal opportunity, employment, and advancement opportunities to all individuals. The College of Mount Saint Vincent does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, State, or Local Laws.