Your Selected Job Posting
SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHERApril 23, 2021
(Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary)
To create a safe atmosphere conducive for learning and implements instruction in ways that allows all students to learn.
These items are intended only as examples of the various types of job duties to be performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is a similar, related, or logical assignment to the position.
- Plans and provides for appropriate learning experiences for students.
- Supervises students in a variety of school-related settings.
- Monitors and evaluates student outcomes.
- Communicates and interacts with students, parents, staff, and the community.
- Develops, selects, and modifies instructional plans and materials to meet the needs of all students.
- Provides an atmosphere and environment conducive to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of children.
- Strives to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Maintains appropriate records and follows required procedures and practices.
- Maintains regular, on-time attendance.
- Attends meetings and serves on special committees.
- Monitors appropriate use and care of equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Reacts to change productively.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Starting salary for Bachelor’s degree with SPC ($50,148)
May increase with additional education and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Hold or be eligible for Maryland State Department of Education teacher certification.
- Ability to transfer children.
- Specific skills as dictated by the needs of students receiving services, e.g., sign language, ability to lift heavy objects, medical needs, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Employment applications are accepted online only. To access the application, visit the Current Job Openings section of the HCPS website at www.hcps.org. If you have questions or require assistance to complete the online employment application, contact the Human Resources Office at 410-588-5238.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
The Board of Education of Harford County does not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry/national origin, color, disability, pregnancy, gender identity/expression, marital status, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation in matters affecting employment or in providing access to programs and activities and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups.
In accordance with the requirements of Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (20 U.S.C. §1681, et seq.), Harford County Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of sex in any of its programs or activities or with regard to employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX, and its implementing regulations to Harford County Public Schools may be referred to Dr. Paula Stanton, Harford County Public Schools Title IX Coordinator, by mail to 102 S. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, Maryland 21014, or by telephone to 410-809-6064 or by email to: Paula.Stanton@hcps.org, or the Assistant Secretary for the Office of Civil Rights in the United States Department of Education by mail to 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202 or by telephone 1-800-421-3481, or both.
Human Resources Office
102 S. Hickory Avenue, Bel Air, Maryland 21014
This document is available in alternative form upon request. To request disability-related reasonable accommodations, please notify a staff member in the Human Resources Office at the time you are contacted for an interview.
AFFIRMING EQUAL EMPLOYMENT IN PRINCIPLE AND PRACTICE