Your Selected Job Posting
Elementary ICT TeacherApril 22, 2021
South Bronx, New York
DREAM Charter Schools - Mott Haven Elementary
Reporting to the Academic Dean, the Elementary ICT Teacher will be responsible for providing tailored support to students with special education needs, primarily through integrated co-teaching. This is an exciting opportunity for a seasoned educator who is passionate about ensuring all students succeed and thrive in school.
- Work with co-teacher to create and foster a culture where all students can achieve at high levels;
- Implement a Common Core-aligned curriculum through backwards lesson planning and follow school-wide protocols for developing and documenting syllabi, lesson plans, assignments, and rubrics;
- Actively participate in all meetings, including IEP planning and meetings, collaborative planning, and professional development, and an annual summer institute;
- Track, monitor, and assume responsibility for academic progress of students;
- Analyze assessment data and daily data including exit tickets and Do Now's to inform instruction;
- Set and maintain high expectations by building meaningful relationships;
- Create and track progress towards individual support plans for students;
- Build a warm and inclusive classroom environment and abide by school-wide practices for classroom management and individual behavior plans;
- Work with grade team to analyze data, revise practices, norm on team-wide initiatives, and discuss individual scholars with a solutions-oriented mindset;
- Establish and maintain strong relationships and regularly communicate scholars' progress towards goals and with families.
- Bachelor's degree required; Master's degree or higher preferred;
- Special education certification and/or at least three years of teaching experience with record of improving student achievement, preferred;
- A desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families and community;
- Desire and ability to receive and implement feedback;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with various audiences (including colleagues, students, families);
- A commitment to working with diverse populations of families and students;
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), preferred;
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.