Your Selected Job Posting
Special Education Teachers - All areasDecember 17, 2020
Special Education Teacher
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled talent to join our team at District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS). We seek individuals who are passionate about transforming the DC school system and making a signiﬁcant diﬀerence in the lives of public school students, parents, principals, teachers, and central oﬃce employees.
DCPS serves over 48,750 students in the nation's capital through the eﬀorts of approximately 4,000 educators in 117 schools. As part of a comprehensive reform eﬀort to become the preeminent urban school system in America, DCPS intends to have the highest-performing, best paid, most satisﬁed, and most honored educator force in the nation and a distinctive central oﬃce staﬀ whose work supports and drives instructional excellence and signiﬁcant achievement gains for DCPS students.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Previous exposure to or experience in the education sector a plus.
- Possesses or is eligible for a valid District of Columbia Teaching License issued by the Office of the State Superintendent of Education (OSSE).
- Successful completion of Praxis I and II exams (unless already holding a standard teaching license).
- Strong instructional skills and classroom management.
- Enthusiasm for and demonstrated mastery of subject matter.
- Unrelenting commitment to students, self, and school’s constant learning and development.
- Ability to self-reﬂect on teaching practices and be responsive to feedback.
Visit our website at:
For questions email: email@example.com