Outstanding Special Education Teacher Award
The National Association of Special Education Teachers is proud of the exceptional dedication displayed by the award recipients of the NASET Outstanding Special Education Teacher Award.
This award is bestowed upon teachers through nominations by their respective school or district administrators, colleagues and parents.
To see a complete list of the award recipients: - Click Here
Description of Award
This award is bestowed on special education teachers who have demonstrated outstanding achievement as a teacher in the field of special education. It recognizes and rewards the special skills and excellence of special education teachers throughout the United States.
This award bears the recipient's name, the name of the award, and the date awarded.
A candidate for the NASET Outstanding Special Education Teacher Award will meet the following criteria:
- Be nominated by anyone involved in the field of special education (e.g. colleague, administrator, parent of a child with a disability, etc.)
- Be a full-time, certified or licensed, special education teacher
- Be a highly dedicated, knowledgeable and skilled teacher
- Be in at least the third year of teaching
Nominators are encouraged to consider addressing any or all of the activities listed below, in order to demonstrate the candidate's unique qualifications for the NASET Outstanding Special Education Teacher Award
Candidates will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Curriculum Development
- Engagements with Students in Educational Activities (outside of classroom)
- Other Demonstrations of Quality Teaching
- Relationships with Students, Parents, Colleagues, Administrators, etc.
- Teaching Honors, Awards, or Recognition
- Teaching Innovations
Service (outside of classroom)
- Community Service
- Other Areas of Service
- Service Honors, Awards, or Recognition
- Service to Professional Organizations
- Service within School District
- Awards and/or Certifications
- Membership/Participation in Professional Organizations
- Other Contributions to the Profession
- Professional Development and/or Continued Education Publication