See what members have to say about NASET -
Explore the wealth of information and resources available to registered NASET members!
Hundreds of e-Publciations available for online viewing and as PDF files for downloading. All past articels are archived. Take a moment to review the large list of our e-Publications that grows monthly. - To learn more - Click here
Comprehensive resources from audio lectures, databases of informational resources, IEP development tool, Conferences, Teacher Forum and Much More...To learn more - Click here
From the latest job listings to professional development courses, NASET's Career Center provides you with tools and information to further your Career as a Special Educator. To learn more - Click here
Latest Job Listings
* Test Developer, Alternate Assessment - will develop state alternate assessments for ELA, math, science, and/or social studies. Focus will be on project tasks that include the development and processing of alternate assessment products and programs for students with severe cognitive disabilities. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Coordinator - We are seeking Special Education Coordinator candidates committed to ReNEW’s mission of providing a rigorous, college preparatory education for our students from birth to 12th grade. To lear more - Click here
* Early Intervention Early Childhood Special Educator - Magnum Medical has openings to work with children of American military families stationed at Bahrain. Position works in a home-based early intervention program, providing services to infants and toddlers of American military families stationed overseas. To learn more - Click here
*Lower School Learning Specialist (Part-time) - The Learning Specialist will be part of a team of other special educators who work at the school through the Educational Support Services Department, providing a variety of strategies and interventions to students with diverse learning needs, both in and out of the classroom setting. To learn more - Click here
*Special Education Teacher - The Chavez Organization seeks to employ educators and leaders who are talented and passionate about student achievement and are looking for an opportunity to ensure our schools deliver remarkable results for students. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Services Director - Oversee the day to day operations of the entire Special Needs Services department, specifically supervision of the preschool state funded year round programs, private class, and Developmental Disabilities Enrichment Services Develop and implement all guidelines and policies with the purpose of ensuring compliance with all government regulations, as well as maintaining alignment with the JCC of Mid-Westchester’s Nursery School mission. To learn more - Click here
*Special Education Teacher - $125.000 - Earn a $125,000 salary and join a team of master teachers at The Equity Project (TEP) Charter School, featured in the New York Times, The Wall Street Journal and on 60 minutes for its revolutionary teacher salaries and its outstanding results. To Learn more - Click here
* Special Education Coordinator/Resource Teacher - Great Hearts offers a very competitive benefits package and overall compensation will be commensurate with talent, experience and education; Strong administrative support; Collaborating Exceptional Student Services Coordinators and Great Hearts Lead Office support To Learn more - Click here
* K-12 Special Education Teacher (Multiple Locations) - Coney Island Prep is a college preparatory public charter school in Brooklyn, New York. Merging growth, performance and commitment, the Coney Island Prep community takes its responsibility to prepare students for the college and career of their choice very seriously. To learn more - Click here
* Elementary School Principal - We are seeking an enthusiastic, dedicated, visionary principal and Catholic educator who will continue the growth and development of the school. We are accepting applications from individuals who will value joining a well established and growing community. To learn more - Click here
* Elementary School ICT Special Education Teacher - Our Special Education Teachers for integrated co-teaching classrooms (ICT) are results-driven and passionate about integrated learning for students with special needs. We are looking for special educators who want to re-imagine public education and education for students with disabilities in particular. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Specialist - Squaw Valley Academy is looking for an experienced boarding school Special Education certified teacher to join our team and assist in the daily instruction of our students. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher - Is sought to provide an educational program for students who are developmentally disabled or have special needs and will ensure progress on all IEP goals & district and state requirements. To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Teacher (Arizona) - EBS is seeking passionate, motivated Special Education Teachers who want to make a difference in the lives of exceptional children! EBS Special Education Teachers develop and implement all aspects of student IEPs and classroom instruction in order to maximize academic, communicative, behavioral, self-help, social and emotional success. To learn more - Click here
* Special Educator Teacher (Hawaii) - EBS is seeking passionate, motivated Special Education Teachers who want to make a difference in the lives of exceptional children! EBS Special Education Teachers develop and implement all aspects of student IEPs and classroom instruction in order to maximize academic, communicative, behavioral, self-help, social and emotional success. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher (California) - EBS is seeking passionate, motivated Special Education Teachers who want to make a difference in the lives of exceptional children! EBS Special Education Teachers develop and implement all aspects of student IEPs and classroom instruction in order to maximize academic, communicative, behavioral, self-help, social and emotional success. To learn more - Click here
* Teacher - Our students need your expertise, passion and leadership. We are looking for highly motivated and skilled talent to join our team at the District of Columbia Public Schools (DCPS). We seek individuals who are passionate about transforming and improving educational outcomes for our students. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher - The Research Foundation, founded in 1951, exists to serve SUNY and to capitalize on the scope, scale and diversity of SUNY as an engine of New York state's innovation economy. To learn more - Click here
NASET's Career Center showcases the latest job openings in special education.
Also, you'll find:
- Career Advice
- Book Resources
- Tips on Resumes & Cover Letters
- Interviewing Techniques
- Special Ed Career Fact Sheets
- Guidelines for Licensing and Certification in all 50 States
Latest Job Listings
Click on the e-Journal Image for the Table of Contents
Click on the JAASEP Image for the Table of Contents
Highlighting interesting content for NASET Members
Professional Development by NASET
Take a look at our CE & PD Courses - Click Here
Available to NASET Members Only (additional fees apply)
NEW IEP APP with CCSS
IEP Goals, & Objectives with Common Core State Standards
To learn more - Click Here
NOW WITH COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS & More!
Take a moment to review the various e-Publications, professional development and special education resources.
Board Certification in Special Education establishes a much needed standard for professionals, across disciplines, who work with exceptional children.
NASET is proud to offer its' members access to one of the most extensive and comprehensive sources of Professional Development courses available today.
NASET provides the raw material to develop an entire Master Curriculum or an individual IEP [Individual Education Program] to all it's members, free of charge. The development tool consists of the following components: 16 Subject Areas, 105 Goal Areas under the Subject Areas, 4,830 Objectives under the Goal Areas and 2,719 Suggested Activities for achieving the objectives.
The online Special Educator e-Journal is published monthly throughout the year and provides timely information on what's current in special education.
This list is provided to all members of NASET to help facilitate the numerous tasks required on a daily basis. All documents are available to view online or download as a PDF file for offline printing.
NASET's Week in Review is a weekly emailed publication that provides members with some of the most interesting stories, topics and issues reported during the week in the field of special education.
NASET News Alerts provide the latest special education news as it happens. News Alerts are emailed, posted and through RSS feeds.
This series provides NASET members with an in-depth look at the step-by-step process of assessing students for eligibility and educational placement in special education.
This series is devoted to lesser known disorders that you may encounter in special education. While not as prevalent as other disorders experienced by most special education teachers, you should be aware of these disorders in order to become more knowledgeable, and increase your ability to assist patents of children with these disorders if they should appear in your classroom or school. Each month we will present a list of 3 disorders that appear in the special education population. Some of these disorders may contain subtypes which will also be presented.
The NASET LD Report is an education resource that provides NASET members with a comprehensive overview of learning disabilities. The NASET LD Report covers many areas of study in the field of LD.
The Practical Teacher is a monthly education resource that provides NASET members with practical tools, strategies, and relevant information that they can use both in and outside of the classroom.
Parent Teacher Conference Handouts can be given at the end of parent teacher conferences to reinforce concepts and help parents better understand information discussed at the conference. New additions are added monthly.
The NASET RTI Roundtable is an educational resource that provides members with the latest information on RTI.
The NASET Autism Spectrum Disorder Series is an education resource that focused on the research, writing, and practical information that we have obtained on causes, characteristics, eligibility, assessment, and teaching strategies.
NASET’s Behavior Management Series is a unique guide for all teachers in helping to understand what their student’s behavior really means and how to identify and resolve the issue. This series offers teachers the insight into the inner dynamics, conflicts, fears, symptoms, tension, and so on of students who may be experiencing difficulty learning or behaving in the classroom.
The Classroom Management Series provide teachers with practical guidelines covering a variety of topics and supportive information which may help improve their classroom.
A Journal of Research Based Articles in Special Education are provided courtesy of The Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals (JAASEP). Each issue contains articles that are derived from multiple authors and are based upon the latest research in our profession.
This series is devoted exclusively to students with severe disabilities. This series will cover all aspects of students with severe disabilities focusing especially on understanding this population and what skills and information are necessary if you are asked to teach this population of students.
At NASET, we get many questions from our members about certain areas of interest. The NASET Q & A Corner provides all members with the opportunities to have access to these questions, and more importantly, answers to them from professionals in the field.
This series is intended to provide teachers, related service personnel, administrators, and other individuals charged with assisting in the development of the paraprofessional workforce with information and strategies to build strong, effective, supportive teams to ensure successful educational services for all students.
This is a consolidated and categoized listing of new websites, reports and other resources for special education professionals. Each month NASET will provide this convenient report that quickly allows members to find the information that interests them.