See what members have to say about NASET -
Explore the wealth of information and resources available to registered NASET members!
Hundreds of e-Publciations available for online viewing and as PDF files for downloading. All past articels are archived. Take a moment to review the large list of our e-Publications that grows monthly. - To learn more - Click here
Comprehensive resources from audio lectures, databases of informational resources, IEP development tool, Conferences, Teacher Forum and Much More...To learn more - Click here
From the latest job listings to professional development courses, NASET's Career Center provides you with tools and information to further your Career as a Special Educator. To learn more - Click here
Latest Job Listings
* Special Education Teacher - Heritage Academies (NHA) partners with community groups to build and operate public charter schools. Founded in 1995, today NHA partners with 80 K-8 schools in 9 states serving over 50,000 students. To learn more - Click here
* Behavior Therapy for Autism - Butterfly Effects, a leading provider of client-centric, in-home and in-school, ABA therapy for those experiencing life on the Autism spectrum, is actively seeking energetic, outgoing, and passionate individuals to become PART-TIME Registered Behavior Technicians! To learn more- Click here
* Special Education Coordinator - AppleTree Early Learning Public Charter School seeks a motivated, passionate and experienced Special Education Coordinator to provide case management and direct services to children identified for special education and related services. To learn more - Click here
* Early Childhood Special Educator - Magnum Medical has an opening for an Early Childhood Special Educator to work with children of American military families stationed at Aviano AFB in Italy. To learn more - Click here
* Teacher for the Visually Impaired - The teacher assigned to the visually impaired is primarily responsible for providing itinerant and site-based instruction to students K-12 with visual disabilities. To learn more - Click here
* Mild/Moderate Teacher/Educational Specialist - The Educational Specialist will be working with transitional aged students both in and out of jail. Students range from 17 – 22 years of age, with older adults possibly being served through 504 plans in the future. To learn more - Click here
* Millwaukee, WI - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? -Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* Selah, WA - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? - Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* Lottsburg, VA - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? - Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* Youngstown, OH - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? - Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* San Jose, CA - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? - Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* Oracle, AZ - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? - Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* Oakland/Richmond, CA - Are You An Amazing Special Education Teacher? - Therapia Staffing wants you to know that “At the heart of all we do, is YOU”. We specialize in contract staffing opportunities across the country. To learn more - Click here
* Learning Specialist - Provide Special Education students with learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. To learn more - Click here
* Teachers of Special Education - The Randolph County School System is seeking Special Education teachers at all levels K-12. The Special Education teacher will develop and implement effective instructional practices based on students’ needs. To learn more - Click here
* Cross Categorical Special Education Teacher - Join our professional team of educators and therapists, providing the individualized attention required for students with special needs in a therapeutic school environment. You'll be more than a teacher--you'll be a role model for our children and adolescents. To learn more - Click here
* Certified Special Education Teacher, part-time - We are an organization of dedicated people who know how exciting and rewarding it is to help children achieve. We are eager to have people join us whose training, skills and experience add to our ability to provide successful, research based instruction, great teaching, excellent support services. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher - Exceptional Children’s Foundation is eeking a Special Educaation teacher who will provide an educational program for students who are developmentally disabled or have special needs. To learn more - click here
* Director of Student Services - The Rockland Jewish Academy is a community day school three years young, built by and for the community; independent, inclusive and welcoming to families in all streams of Judaism. To learn more - Click here
* Classroom Teacher - The Virginia Institute of Autism, a Charlottesville nonprofit helping people overcome the challenges of autism, is currently seeking Classroom Teacher for its James C. Hormel School program. To learn more - Click here
* Instructor - The Virginia Institute of Autism is currently seeking Instructors for its James C. Hormel School program. Instructors must have a love for children, dedication to teaching, patience, and have the desire to change lives. To learn more - Click here
* Teachers of Special Education - The special education teacher’s function is to develop and implement effective instructional practices based on the needs identified in students’ Individualized Education Programs (IEPs). The teacher will develop, implement and monitor the students’ Individualized Education Programs in collaboration with parents and other IEP Team members. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teachers - Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in the core academic subject area assigned to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. To learn more - Click here
NASET's Career Center showcases the latest job openings in special education.
Also, you'll find:
- Career Advice
- Book Resources
- Tips on Resumes & Cover Letters
- Interviewing Techniques
- Special Ed Career Fact Sheets
- Guidelines for Licensing and Certification in all 50 States
Latest Job Listings
*Preschool Special Education Teacher - High energy, fun atmosphere. Flexible schedules, choice of settings.Empowering individuals to achieve their dreams. Opportunities available in Oswego, Fulton, Baldwinsville and Pulaski. To learn more - Click here
Click on the e-Journal Image for the Table of Contents
Click on the JAASEP Image for the Table of Contents
Professional Development Courses by NASET
Take a look at our newly developed CE & PD Courses - Click Here
Available to NASET Members Only (additional fees apply)
NEW IEP APP with CCSS
IEP Goals, & Objectives with Common Core State Standards
To learn more - Click Here
NOW WITH COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS & More!
Take a moment to review the various e-Publications, professional development and special education resources.
Board Certification in Special Education establishes a much needed standard for professionals, across disciplines, who work with exceptional children.
NASET is proud to offer its' members access to one of the most extensive and comprehensive sources of Professional Development courses available today.
NASET provides the raw material to develop an entire Master Curriculum or an individual IEP [Individual Education Program] to all it's members, free of charge. The development tool consists of the following components: 16 Subject Areas, 105 Goal Areas under the Subject Areas, 4,830 Objectives under the Goal Areas and 2,719 Suggested Activities for achieving the objectives.
The online Special Educator e-Journal is published monthly throughout the year and provides timely information on what's current in special education.
This list is provided to all members of NASET to help facilitate the numerous tasks required on a daily basis. All documents are available to view online or download as a PDF file for offline printing.
NASET's Week in Review is a weekly emailed publication that provides members with some of the most interesting stories, topics and issues reported during the week in the field of special education.
NASET News Alerts provide the latest special education news as it happens. News Alerts are emailed, posted and through RSS feeds.
This series provides NASET members with an in-depth look at the step-by-step process of assessing students for eligibility and educational placement in special education.
This series is devoted to lesser known disorders that you may encounter in special education. While not as prevalent as other disorders experienced by most special education teachers, you should be aware of these disorders in order to become more knowledgeable, and increase your ability to assist patents of children with these disorders if they should appear in your classroom or school. Each month we will present a list of 3 disorders that appear in the special education population. Some of these disorders may contain subtypes which will also be presented.
The NASET LD Report is an education resource that provides NASET members with a comprehensive overview of learning disabilities. The NASET LD Report covers many areas of study in the field of LD.
The Practical Teacher is a monthly education resource that provides NASET members with practical tools, strategies, and relevant information that they can use both in and outside of the classroom.
Parent Teacher Conference Handouts can be given at the end of parent teacher conferences to reinforce concepts and help parents better understand information discussed at the conference. New additions are added monthly.
The NASET RTI Roundtable is an educational resource that provides members with the latest information on RTI.
The NASET Autism Spectrum Disorder Series is an education resource that focused on the research, writing, and practical information that we have obtained on causes, characteristics, eligibility, assessment, and teaching strategies.
NASET’s Behavior Management Series is a unique guide for all teachers in helping to understand what their student’s behavior really means and how to identify and resolve the issue. This series offers teachers the insight into the inner dynamics, conflicts, fears, symptoms, tension, and so on of students who may be experiencing difficulty learning or behaving in the classroom.
The Classroom Management Series provide teachers with practical guidelines covering a variety of topics and supportive information which may help improve their classroom.
A Journal of Research Based Articles in Special Education are provided courtesy of The Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals (JAASEP). Each issue contains articles that are derived from multiple authors and are based upon the latest research in our profession.
This series is devoted exclusively to students with severe disabilities. This series will cover all aspects of students with severe disabilities focusing especially on understanding this population and what skills and information are necessary if you are asked to teach this population of students.
At NASET, we get many questions from our members about certain areas of interest. The NASET Q & A Corner provides all members with the opportunities to have access to these questions, and more importantly, answers to them from professionals in the field.
This series is intended to provide teachers, related service personnel, administrators, and other individuals charged with assisting in the development of the paraprofessional workforce with information and strategies to build strong, effective, supportive teams to ensure successful educational services for all students.
This is a consolidated and categoized listing of new websites, reports and other resources for special education professionals. Each month NASET will provide this convenient report that quickly allows members to find the information that interests them.