See what members have to say about NASET -
Explore the wealth of information and resources available to registered NASET members!
Hundreds of e-Publciations available for online viewing and as PDF files for downloading. All past articels are archived. Take a moment to review the large list of our e-Publications that grows monthly. - To learn more - Click here
Comprehensive resources from audio lectures, databases of informational resources, IEP development tool, Conferences, Teacher Forum and Much More...To learn more - Click here
From the latest job listings to professional development courses, NASET's Career Center provides you with tools and information to further your Career as a Special Educator. To learn more - Click here
Latest Job Listings
* Special Education Teacher - ChanceLight is currently hiring Special Education Teachers in the Northern California region. ChanceLight™ Behavioral Health & Education is the nation's leading provider of behavioral health and education solutions for children and young adults. Formerly known as Educational Services of America (ESA), ChanceLight serves more than 13,500 clients and students each day. To learn more - Click here
* Intervention Specialist- Canton, OH - Join a fun, flexible, team-build environment as a Virtual Intervention Specialist with Light Street Special Education Solutions, a division of Learn It Systems. Teachers must have a Special Education K-12 Cross Categorical teaching certificate. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher- Chicago, IL - Join a fun, flexible, team-build environment as a Virtual Intervention Specialist with Light Street Special Education Solutions, a division of Learn It Systems. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher - Exceptional Children's Foundation (ECF) provides the highest quality services for children and adults who are challenged with developmental, learning and emotional disabilities – empowering them to reach their greatest potential. Each year, ECF serves more than 3,700 clients and their families at 15 sites throughout Los Angeles County. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher, Secondary Education - Full Time - -Thresholds is growing and seeking new talent to fill over 100 positions! Named as one of Chicago's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to Work For and a Chicago Tribune Top Workplace, they provide mental health services to more than 7,300 adults and youth. To learn more - Click here
*Special Education Teachers, Full time or Part time in New York - Catapult Learning is seeking Special Education Teachers in New York for the 2015-16 school year, with locations in New York - Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens, Manhattan, and Staten Island. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher - New Visions is seeking a Special Education Teacher to provide instructional supports and accommodations for students with disabilities, be able to write and monitor Individualized Education Plans (IEPs) in compliance with the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), and communicate regularly with Committee on Special Education (CSE) in your district and families of students with disabilities. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher (Elementary/Middle) - Excel Academy Public Charter School is seeking a Special Education Teacher to work with our Middle School Girls. A teacher at Excel is directly accountable to the Principal for student academic success, maintenance of rigorous school culture, and mission advancement. To learn more - Click here
*Special Education Teacher - Are you a Special Education Teacher or a Resource Specialist? Or even a Speech-Language Pathologist? Progressus Therapy has a position for you in the Concord area of CA. Join a team of professionals working towards positive outcomes for students. To learn more - Click here
* Special Education Teacher - Are you a Special Education Teacher or a Resource Specialist? Progressus Therapy has a position for you in the Philly area of PA. Join a team of professionals working towards positive outcomes for students. To learn more - Click here
* Chief of Pupil Services - On behalf of Norwalk Public Schools, the State Education Resource Center (SERC) is conducting a national level search for a full-time (12-month) position as the Chief of Pupil Services at Norwalk Public Schools. The ideal candidate will possess a plethora of experience working in a public school district, an administrative position and in special education or a related position. To learn more - Click here
NASET's Career Center showcases the latest job openings in special education.
Also, you'll find:
- Career Advice
- Book Resources
- Tips on Resumes & Cover Letters
- Interviewing Techniques
- Special Ed Career Fact Sheets
- Guidelines for Licensing and Certification in all 50 States
Latest Job Listings
Click on the e-Journal Image for the Table of Contents
Click on the JAASEP Image for the Table of Contents
Professional Development Courses by NASET
Take a look at our newly developed CE & PD Courses - Click Here
Available to NASET Members Only (additional fees apply)
NEW IEP APP with CCSS
IEP Goals, & Objectives with Common Core State Standards
To learn more - Click Here
NOW WITH COMMON CORE STATE STANDARDS & More!
Take a moment to review the various e-Publications, professional development and special education resources.
Board Certification in Special Education establishes a much needed standard for professionals, across disciplines, who work with exceptional children.
NASET is proud to offer its' members access to one of the most extensive and comprehensive sources of Professional Development courses available today.
NASET provides the raw material to develop an entire Master Curriculum or an individual IEP [Individual Education Program] to all it's members, free of charge. The development tool consists of the following components: 16 Subject Areas, 105 Goal Areas under the Subject Areas, 4,830 Objectives under the Goal Areas and 2,719 Suggested Activities for achieving the objectives.
The online Special Educator e-Journal is published monthly throughout the year and provides timely information on what's current in special education.
This list is provided to all members of NASET to help facilitate the numerous tasks required on a daily basis. All documents are available to view online or download as a PDF file for offline printing.
NASET's Week in Review is a weekly emailed publication that provides members with some of the most interesting stories, topics and issues reported during the week in the field of special education.
NASET News Alerts provide the latest special education news as it happens. News Alerts are emailed, posted and through RSS feeds.
This series provides NASET members with an in-depth look at the step-by-step process of assessing students for eligibility and educational placement in special education.
This series is devoted to lesser known disorders that you may encounter in special education. While not as prevalent as other disorders experienced by most special education teachers, you should be aware of these disorders in order to become more knowledgeable, and increase your ability to assist patents of children with these disorders if they should appear in your classroom or school. Each month we will present a list of 3 disorders that appear in the special education population. Some of these disorders may contain subtypes which will also be presented.
The NASET LD Report is an education resource that provides NASET members with a comprehensive overview of learning disabilities. The NASET LD Report covers many areas of study in the field of LD.
The Practical Teacher is a monthly education resource that provides NASET members with practical tools, strategies, and relevant information that they can use both in and outside of the classroom.
Parent Teacher Conference Handouts can be given at the end of parent teacher conferences to reinforce concepts and help parents better understand information discussed at the conference. New additions are added monthly.
The NASET RTI Roundtable is an educational resource that provides members with the latest information on RTI.
The NASET Autism Spectrum Disorder Series is an education resource that focused on the research, writing, and practical information that we have obtained on causes, characteristics, eligibility, assessment, and teaching strategies.
NASET’s Behavior Management Series is a unique guide for all teachers in helping to understand what their student’s behavior really means and how to identify and resolve the issue. This series offers teachers the insight into the inner dynamics, conflicts, fears, symptoms, tension, and so on of students who may be experiencing difficulty learning or behaving in the classroom.
The Classroom Management Series provide teachers with practical guidelines covering a variety of topics and supportive information which may help improve their classroom.
A Journal of Research Based Articles in Special Education are provided courtesy of The Journal of the American Academy of Special Education Professionals (JAASEP). Each issue contains articles that are derived from multiple authors and are based upon the latest research in our profession.
This series is devoted exclusively to students with severe disabilities. This series will cover all aspects of students with severe disabilities focusing especially on understanding this population and what skills and information are necessary if you are asked to teach this population of students.
At NASET, we get many questions from our members about certain areas of interest. The NASET Q & A Corner provides all members with the opportunities to have access to these questions, and more importantly, answers to them from professionals in the field.
This series is intended to provide teachers, related service personnel, administrators, and other individuals charged with assisting in the development of the paraprofessional workforce with information and strategies to build strong, effective, supportive teams to ensure successful educational services for all students.
This is a consolidated and categoized listing of new websites, reports and other resources for special education professionals. Each month NASET will provide this convenient report that quickly allows members to find the information that interests them.