Assistant Professor- Special Education
Job Category: Full-time Faculty
Posted on July 09, 2014
CALIFORNIA APPLICANTS PREFERRED. The Assistant Professor - Education Specialist (Special Education) is a full-time Faculty position. The incumbent is responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. The faculty member is responsible for performing assigned duties during the day, evening, or weekend on any Pacific Oaks College campus as assigned. At a minimum, the related activities include instruction, instructional counseling, academic advising, serving on various committees, participating in local, state, regional, and national professional activities and organizations. The faculty member reports directly to the Director, School of Education.
- An earned doctorate in Education with an emphasis on special education or related field from an accredited university.
- Appropriate k-12 teaching credential and special education teaching credential preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in the field of special education with demonstrated teacher and /or administrator of special education.
- A minimum of 3 years' of successful teaching experience of special education courses at a California college or university.
- Appropriate credentials to supervise interns and student teachers.
- Record of service to previous institution(s), the profession, and the community.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in course and program assessment.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a professional team.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to the principles of progressive, social-justice and culture-centered education.
- Maintain proficiency in and make use of available college online resources (eCollege or Canvas, home page, office hour posting, syllabi posting, grade book, Instructional Policy Manual, etc.) to improve student learning and instructional effectiveness.
Pacific Oaks College offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of diversity and social justice. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, 403b with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), and tuition discounts.
Pacific Oaks College is an affiliate of TCS Education System. To apply for this position or others, visit our Careers' Page at: www.pacificoaks.eduBack to Latest Job Listings