Prepster Support Teacher
Job Category: Teacher and Interventionist
Posted on April 28, 2014
At the core of Intrepid College Prep's vision is the unwavering belief that all students, regardless of their socioeconomic status or educational background, deserve a high-quality, college preparatory education. With this core belief, we are targeting a student population that faces academic adversity based on factors such as income level or home language. Intrepid College Prep has approached development of the educational program very deliberately to meet prepsters where they are instructionally and accelerate them to achieve mastery at and above grade level.
The Prepster Support Teacher works with Blue Chip Teachers, the Director of Academic Achievement and Prepster Support Coordinator to ensure our prepsters have the academic supports necessary to excel.
This position requires:
- At least one year teaching in an urban setting.
- B.A., B.S. or other bachelors degree from a four-year institution
- Special Education certification
- Grit: A commitment to do whatever it takes to achieve aggressive gains for students who are academically behind.
- Draft IEPs, monitor progress toward academic and behavior goals, issue parent communication about IEP meetings
- Ensure teachers are utilizing best practices and implementing effective and appropriate curricula
- Work with the leadership team to organize professional development workshops regarding delivery of special education instruction and services
- Accommodate student work packets, and homework to ensure students have the right amount of scaffolded to reach common learning objectives.
- Collaborate with Prepster Support Team to ensure that instruction is always meeting the needs of all learners
- Support advisory duties for a group of students, including home check and consistent family communication.
- Reflect and grow as an educator by engaging with peers and leaders constantly through frequent in person and video observations and implementing feedback
- Have structured planning time built into the school day to plan the highest quality lessons.
- Follow RTI protocols to identify students that may have a learning disability.
We offer a generous compensation package. All staff members are equipped with the tools needed to succeed, including a dedicated work space, laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, and all necessary supplies. Compensation is highly competitive; teachers are eligible to participate in the MNPS Retirement System.