Autism Intervention Program Supervisor
Los Angeles to start then Riyadh , Saudi Arabia
Job Category: Permanent full-time, Contractual.
Posted on December 22, 2013
A position is available for a special educator or a speech-language pathologist , to provide oversight of a private multidisciplinary intervention program for an 18-year-old male with moderate autism in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. The first month or two to be spent in Los Angeles .Contract duration is negotiable (either 6 months or annual renewable). This professional will liaise between the Senior Intervention Consultants in the USA and the professionals who are implementing the intervention program. Instruction will be provided within a homeschool environment, as well as in community settings.
Duties may include, but are not limited, to:
- Ensure that the intervention designed by the Consultant team is being implemented as intended.
- Observe the intervention team in their implementation of the intervention within the home-school setting, community settings, and in activities of daily living.
- Assist the intervention staff in troubleshooting and making fine-tuned adjustments to the intervention plan and lessons (as needed) to achieve optimal levels of client motivation and learning.
- Assist the intervention team in creating weekly lesson plans.
- Assist the personal care staff in implementing the intervention goals related to activities of daily living.
- Take data during intervention sessions and in activities of daily living, and summarize these data to monitor progress on all intervention goals.
- Report, in a timely fashion, progress monitoring data to the Consultant team.
- Meet at least bi-weekly with the consulting team via Skype or other tele -health systems.
- Meet weekly with other members of the educational and therapeutic team.
- Submit weekly lesson plans and progress results to Educational Supervisor.
- Be available for meeting with the family as requested.
- Be prepared to substitute for an intervention team member in the direct delivery of instruction if one of the intervention team members should be on leave or absent.
- Master's degree in special education or speech-language pathology.
- At least 2 years of experience teaching teens with autism.
- Familiar with implementation of intervention using principles of applied behavior analysis.
- Able to flexibly adapt curriculum to meet the individualized learning needs of students.
- Extremely organized.
- Good communication skills.
- Team player.
- Willing to travel with the family.
tax free salary $8000/month. Full health coverage. Fully furnished accommodation plus utilities. Transportation. Relocation expenses. 35 days paid annual leave with return tickets. Service award at contract completion.
Dr. M. Adnan Mughrabi
+(966)509250629 or in USA (310)994-4309.