Teacher: Special Education-BD/ED K-12
Country Club Hills, Illinois
Job Category: Full Time
Posted on March 14, 2013
Teacher: Special Education-BD/ED K-12 Academic and Career-Path Classes
Special Education Services (a member of The Menta Group) is currently seeking a progressive state certified special education teacher for academic and career-path class's k-12 to join the clinical team at our therapeutic day school in the Country Club Hills area.
Country Club Hills Tech & Trade Center (CCH), an affiliate of The Menta Group® (www.thementagroup.org), is a Special Education school with a kindergarten through 12th grade therapeutic educational services program for Behavior, Emotional, and Developmentally disabled children living in the south suburbs of Chicago, Illinois. The school's curriculum and credit earning system is aligned with its partnering districts allowing for seamless transitions from and to the students' home schools. The high school program offers a variety of school-to-work options for special education students. In combination with a talented administration, and teaching and support staff, CCH is an ideal academic setting for adolescents who are preparing to become both literate and self-sufficient.
The ideal candidate will be prepared for teaching mainstream academics within a self-contained classroom, to teach special needs students with an emphasis on work skills as a basis for a career-path curriculum, and be willing to be trained to work in a clinical-educational setting with severely Behavior/Emotional Disordered students. This person is comfortable with a variety of delivery techniques for special needs instruction: including direct instruction, simulation, co-operative learning with-in community based opportunities, and integration of technology within multi-disciplinary classroom projects; including integration of literacy skills and hands-on projects as part of the educational model. The classroom staff function as collaborative building wide teams to better problem solve and find viable solutions to meet student's academic needs offering positive behavioral support, behavioral and academic interventions, progress monitoring, evaluation, and consultation as to individual program development.
Country Club Hills Tech & Trade Center is approved as a nonpublic special education program (under Section 14-7.02 of the Illinois School Code) for students in 9th through 12th grade.
The current open position will focus on candidates who have experience with students with Autism Spectrum Disorders. Successful candidates will have strong skills in school-based problem-solving, multidisciplinary collaboration, positive behavioral support, behavioral and academic interventions, progress monitoring and evaluation, and consultation with educational staff will find innovative solutions to critical problems in education working with an integrated focus on academic and social-emotional learning, and a continuum of learning and behavioral supports.
- Bachelor's degree in special education
- Teachers with State of Illinois special education certification (LBS1)/endorsement are encouraged to apply.
- State certification in secondary education in high school academics, and vocational skills is highly desired.
- Comprehensive training, experience, and mentoring in curriculum area Willing to work toward achieving State of Illinois emergency approval in special education with assistance from the school might be an option.
- Ability to teach a self-contained classroom within all basic instructional areas and work a regular school day with youth diagnosed having emotional, behavioral, academic, and developmental disabilities.
- Emphasis on work skills as a basis for a career path curriculum Ability to communicate well orally and in writing Flexible in which subject areas that they can work Student focused approach while presenting general areas of required subject material.
- Willingness to be trained in working with Behavioral/Emotional Disordered students
Bilingual applicants are encouraged to apply.
Employment is contingent upon a background check, employment physical and drug screen.
This position offers an access to medical, dental, vision plans, 403(b), sick pay, holiday pay, and personal/vacation days. The salary range is comparable for the position and area, depending upon certification and qualifications.