Special Education Career Fact Sheets
NASET Sponsor - Mayer Johnson
The topics listed are individual websites that can be accessed only by members of The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET). If you are not a member of NASET, and would like to join, click here to register. Members of NASET, please log in above (member login and password) to activate these, and all other websites, in our database.
The information below is from the latest U.S. Census Report. This information is derived from the 2000 Census and includes statistical data on special education careers.
- Special Education Vacancies, 1999-2000
- Comparison of Funded Special Education Teaching Positions and Number of Children Receiving Special Education Services, 1990-1999
- Demand for Special Education Teachers, 1990-2010
- Special Education Teachers: Certified and Uncertified, 1998-99
- Number of Children Receiving Special Education Services, 1990-2000
- Percentage of Public School Teachers Who Taught Elementary Grades with an Undergraduate or Graduate Certification Major and In Their Main Assignment Field, 1999-2000
- Percent of Special Education Teachers by Racial Group-pdf file
- Percent of Students Ages 3-21 in Special Education by Race/Ethnicity
- Percent of Public Elementary and Secondary Students by Race/Ethnicity-pdf file
- Special Educator Preparation
- Distribution of OSEP Personnel Preparation Grants (map)
- Special Education Completors by State, Race, and Gender 1997
- Special Education Completors by Category 1997
- Special Education Degrees Conferred, 1997-98
- Undergraduate Enrollment in Special Education Personnel Preparation Programs
- Educator Recruitment and Retention
- Recruitment Strategies Used by Administrators, 1999-2000
Forgot your password?
Please enter the email address by which you registered your user account. Then press "Send password" and your password will immediately be emailed to you. Make sure to spell your email address correctly.