NASET Exemplary Service Award
Description of Award
The NASET Exemplary Service Award is presented to a member, or members of NASET, who have distinguished themselves in the field of special education, as well as having attained long-term service to the field of teaching exceptional children.
This award bears the NASET official seal, the recipient's name, the name of the award, and the date awarded.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
The NASET Exemplary Service Award is given to the individual who exhibits outstanding teaching, accessibility to students, tremendous relationship skills with colleagues and parents, and the highest of professional and ethical standards. Nominees are expected to have 10 years or more of teaching service in special education. Nominators and candidates are encouraged to consider addressing any or all of the activities listed below, in order to demonstrate the candidate's unique qualifications for the NASET Exemplary Service Award.
Candidates will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Curriculum Development
- Engagements with Students in Educational Activities (outside of classroom)
- Other Demonstrations of Quality Teaching
- Relationships with Students, Parents, Colleagues, Administrators, etc.
- Teaching Honors, Awards, or Recognition
- Teaching Innovations
Service (outside of classroom)
- Community Service
- Other Areas of Service
- Service Honors, Awards, or Recognition
- Service to Professional Organizations
- Service within School District
- Awards and/or Certifications
- Membership/Participation in Professional Organizations
- Other Contributions to the Profession
- Professional Development and/or Continued Education
Procedures for Recommendation
Nominations for this award should be submitted to NASET's Awards and Nominations Committee (Use our Online Award Nomination Form). NASET's Awards and Nominations Committee will review all applications and then determine its award recipients.
2013-2014 Selection Process and Time Line
May 1, 2014 Complete nomination form due
May 15, 2014 NASET Awards Committee reviews applications and selects recipients
By May 30, 2014 NASET Award winners are notified
To nominate an individual for the NASET Exemplary Service Award, Click Here