Latest Job Listings
California: Burbank, San Gabriel, Inland Empire, San Bernardino and Hesperia
Job Category: High School, Special Education
Posted on Monday, 29. of September 2014
Options For Youth is a guided independent study public charter school serving students in grades 7 through 12. We are currently looking for a Resource Specialist (RSP Teacher) to join our dynamic team.
The primary responsibility of the RSP teacher is to provide instruction and other related services to Special Education students. The RSP teacher will also facilitate diagnostic assessment including administration, scoring and interpretation. RSP teachers will review and revise IEPâ€™s as needed. The Resource Specialist will support instruction in reading, math, and written language for students, tutor individual and small groups of students, administer and score academic testing, write individualized education plans and support other academic programs as needed. The Resource Specialist will work under the leadership of the Program Specialist and the Director of Special Education.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Provide instruction to students with special needs and identified learning disabilities in a resource specialist program
- Tutor individual and small groups of students, reinforcing language and reading concepts
- Administer and score individual and group tests
- Schedule IEP meetings, coordinating schedules with parents, general education teacher(s), administrator, and all appropriate special education staff
- Conduct IEP meetings
- Communicate and coordinate special needs evaluation and testing with speech teacher, psychologist, and other service providers.
- Communicate with parents regarding individual student progress and conduct
- Maintain progress records and record progress toward IEP goals
- Record progress within the independent study program
- Perform other duties in support of the Resource Specialist program
- Support other academic programs offered within the independent study program
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Resource Specialist Certificate or ability to obtain Mild/Moderate Certificate
- Ability to teach students of grades K-12
- Ability to work with children of all ages
- Ability to understand, adopt, and support the independent study program, concepts and their philosophies
- Ability to organize and present ideas effectively in oral and written form.
- Ability to make skillful decisions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate a PC computer, word processor, copier, FAX, and other office machines.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum BA degree or equivalent.
- Valid California Teaching Credential in Special Education (Mild/Moderate)
*The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They describe the general nature and level of work being performed and/or represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the job. The Company retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
Visit our website at ofy.org to learn more about our company!
A valid California Teaching Credential in Special Education (Mild/Moderate).
Full-time and temp-on-call positions available. Full-time positions include benefits, retirement plans, holiday and vacation pay and potential incentives.
Job Category: Special Education Teacher
Posted on Monday, 29. of September 2014
The mission of the Great Oaks Charter School is to prepare its students to succeed in college. We will do this by instilling in students the scholarship, discipline, and honor necessary to be successful in college and to pursue a career of their choice.
Great teachers are at the heart of what we do, and are the key to our students' college success. The Special Education Teacher is responsible for ensuring that every student at Great Oaks is supported in their academic development. He/she will be responsible for providing IEP services in the following settings: general education classroom, resource room, and tutorial groups. He/she will be the primary person responsible for ensuring that students with special needs receive the proper accommodations within the classroom and during tutorial sessions. He/she will also oversee progress monitoring for his/her caseload. This teacher will work closely with the Special Services Coordinator and tutors to ensure all students have access to a quality education. All teachers will also take on additional responsibilities around the school such as advisory, lunch duty, enrichment classes, and after school activities. Our most successful teachers are those who operate with a team mindset; we are all in this work together and it will take each and every one of us to achieve college success for our students.
Throughout the year, the Special Education Teacher will:
Ensure that the school is meeting the needs of all students by:
- Monitoring student performance data and progress towards IEP goals
- Providing services in the general education setting, resource room setting, and tutorial block setting
- Maintaining consistent communications with families regarding student progress
- Participating in the evaluation/reevaluation process
- Communicating with all general education teachers, tutors, and the Special Services Coordinator regarding the needs and progress of his/her students with special needs
- Regularly contribute to the Student Support Team
Maintain a strong classroom culture by:
- Clearly and consistently communicating and upholding school rules, values, and expectations in and out of the classroom
- Setting an urgent, respectful, and positive tone in the classroom
- Displaying extraordinary time management to maximize student learning and sense of urgency
- Building relationships with students that communicate that succeeding in college is important, that the student can do it, and that we will not give up on a student
- Plan a rigorous curriculum and deliver strong instruction by:
- Demonstrating solid knowledge and understanding of the content matter
- Using a multitude of instructional strategies that are academically rigorous and highly engaging
- Working with the Special Services Coordinator to create and implement quarterly interventions
- Executing detailed lesson plans mapped to specific IEP goals and objectives
- Taking responsibility for student progress; constantly working to respond to students' needs
- Contribute to the creation of a data-driven culture by:
- Tracking and analyzing student data both publicly and internally to identify learning needs
- Using student achievement data to set ambitious goals for the students
- Planning and implementing strategies to achieve targets related to student learning outcomes
- Collaborating with other teachers to develop and revise curriculum based on assessment data
- GRIT - must have the ability to persevere and succeed at a challenging task
- Relationship-building - must show evidence of building and leveraging strong relationships
- Relentlessness - must be willing to do whatever it takes to constantly improve student achievement, including occasional evening and weekend commitments
- Communicate Effectively - must be able to clearly communicate with peers and supervisors
- A strong academic record with a bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university required; advanced degree in subject area preferred
- At least two years of experience improving student achievement at an urban school
- Extremely strong classroom management abilities
- A strong belief in the importance of a â€œno excusesâ€ school culture; experience preferred
- A strong belief that all students can succeed
- Connecticut teaching certification preferred
- Exceptional ability to respond well to feedback and implement it immediately
GO Bridgeport provides a competitive compensation and benefits package; exact compensation will vary based on experience and education
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sherman Oaks, CA & Culver City, CA
Job Category: Full Time Teaching
Posted on Thursday, 25. of September 2014
The Help Group is now hiring special education TEACHERS!
The Help Group's nine specialized day schools offer pre-K through high school programs for more than 1,450 students. Its broad range of mental health and therapy services, child abuse and residential programs extends its reach to more than 6,000 children and their families each year. With more than 950 staff members, The Help Group's state-of-the-art schools and programs are located on seven campuses in the Los Angeles area.
We are hiring for our Autism schools located on our Sherman Oaks and Culver City campuses.
Must have one of the following credentials:
- Current or expected enrollment in a University internship special education program
- Level I or II Mild/Moderate credential with the Added Autism Authorization
- Level I or II Moderate/Severe credential
- Level I or II Early Childhood Special Education credential
The Help Group offers:
- Excellent benefits, including 100% employer sponsored plans and partial tuition reimbursement.
- Outstanding work environment.
- We pay our Level I/Level II teachers according to the LAUSD pay scale.
- Generous sign on bonuses based on credential:
- $2,500 sign on bonus for teachers with Level I/II mild/moderate credential AND the autism added authorization
- $3,500 sign on bonus for teachers with Level I/II moderate/severe credential
- $1,500 sign on bonus for moderate/severe intern teachers - those who are in university-approved moderate/severe intern programs
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com or fax to 818-779-5242. Please include your special ed credential in the subject line.
For more information about The Help Group please visit our website at www.thehelpgroup.org No calls please!
Baltimore, MD and Washington, DC
Job Category: Special Education Teacher Full-Time, Part-Time, & Temp Positions
Posted on Tuesday, 23. of September 2014
Special Education Teacher:
We need Certified Special Education Teachers that are available to start right away! Several immediate open positions in all subjects include Art, Math, Physical Education, Science, History, General Ed. and more. We'll even consider General Education Teachers with Special Ed experience. Must be Maryland or DC Certified. Full-time and Temp positions available! If you're a Certified Teacher and looking for employment, get in touch with us to schedule an interview. Our teachers work in schools located in DC and Baltimore metro areas. Demand is extremely high right now so don't delay. Please call Dave Komorek at 301.276.8262 today!
Our Special Education Teacher must meet these requirements:
- Master's Degree with elementary, middle school or high school teaching experience
- Valid State Teacher Certification
- Strong motivational and communication skills
- The ability to maintain a positive learning environment by utilizing excellent classroom management skills.
- Organizational and basic computer and clerical skills Praxis I & II Provisional License in Special Education
Dave Komorek, recruiter
7474 Greenway Center Dr. Suite #620
Greenbelt, MD 20770
Job Category: Early Intervention
Posted on Tuesday, 16. of September 2014
Sterling/Magnum Medical seeks Early Childhood Special Educators to work with an Early Intervention program servicing US military families living on base at Okinawa, Japan! Position works with developmentally delayed infants and toddlers.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education
- A minimum of two years experience recently working with developmentally delayed children in the 0, 1 & 2-year age population in a home-based early intervention capacity
- A current state teaching license/certification to teach in this capacity.
- Housing allowances
- Medical & Dental Benefits
- Excellent Paid Time Off
LynnR@magnummedicaloverseas.com or 800-852-5678 x.156 or fax 513-984-4909
San Rafael and Concord, CA
Job Category: Special Education Teacher
Posted on Thursday, 11. of September 2014
Join a team that is making a difference in the community! Anova is Northern California's most trusted provider of educational, behavioral, and therapy services for children with autism and all types of disabilities. This is a full-time, Contracted (Exempt) position and is based on the number of school calendar days.
The Special Education Teacher is responsible for planning, structuring, implementing and evaluating the behavioral and educational components of their classroom. This position oversees the daily operations of their classroom and assumes responsibility for the design and implementation of IEP goals and objectives. This position supervises and offers guidance to classroom staff to ensure a positive and high quality teaching environment, and ensures compliance with agency policies and procedures and other appropriate regulations and standards.
- Must hold a valid CA Special Education Teaching Credential or Intern Credential.
- At least two years of experience working with developmentally disabled and / or emotionally disturbed students in an environment utilizing an Applied Behavior Analysis approach.
- Must have computer access with internet capabilities.
- Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
Anova benefits include Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Term Life Insurance, 403(b) plan, and the Employee Assistance Plan (EAP). All Anova employees also participate in training and professional development.
With campuses in three North Bay counties and administrative offices in beautiful wine country, Anova employees enjoy the climates, communities, and scenery that make Northern California one of the most desirable places in the world to live and work.
Please go to http://www.anovaeducation.org/careers to download and submit an employment application. You may also send a cover letter, employment application, and resume via email to Kelly Obremski at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 707-527-7032 for more information.
Menlo Park, CA
Job Category: Preschool Special Education Teacher
Posted on Tuesday, 09. of September 2014
Preschool Special Education Teacher' Travel Opportunity!
Mediscan is hiring a full time Preschool SPED Teacher for the 14/15 year on the San Francisco Peninsula. Interested candidates must have appropriate education, credentialing, etc. We are looking for preschool special education credentials. New grads welcome!
Mediscan Therapy specializes in placing clinicians in pediatric settings. We offer a variety of work options from per-diem to travel, giving our employees more opportunities and flexibility. We invest in our employees' professional growth and provide the tools and resources needed to optimize your potential. Come and be a part of Mediscan's growing team!
Must have Bachelor's Degree in Special Education or other related field. Must have preschool credential. New graduates are welcome!
We offer competitive pay, medical benefits, PTO, relocation assistance, and more.
For immediate consideration, call 877-630-2044 to speak to one of our recruiting specialists or visit our website: www.mediscan.net to apply online.
Posted on Wednesday, 27. of August 2014
SESI is a private company that provides comprehensive special education services for students identified with emotional and behavioral disabilities. We are currently seeking two teachers (HS Math and HS Science) for the 2014 -2015 school year. Our school, New Hope Academy is a unique public-private partnership with Baltimore City Public Schools serving students in grades 6-12. Currently in its sixth school year, New Hope Academy has created a therapeutic academic setting that includes positive behavioral supports, highly structured student protocols, and modified access to the Common Core Curriculum. Potential employees should be highly motivated, flexible, open to giving and receiving feedback, enjoy working as part of a team, and feel comfortable working an environment where students display severe behavioral issues.
MSDE certified, or eligible for certification, in secondary special education and/or who holds content certification in one or more of the following areas: Science or Mathematics
- Competitive Salary
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Health Insurance
- 401(k) enrollment
- Opportunity for growth
- Structure, support, and supervision
- Opportunity to join leading, national special education organization operating over 55 programs in 11 states and DC
Director of Growth and Development
Specialized Education Services, Inc.
Job Category: Teacher
Posted on Sunday, 24. of August 2014
Special Education teachers at Intrinsic provide a mix of co-taught and separate class support for students. Our school has 1:1 technology and a unique 21st century learning environment.
- 100% commitment to preparing every student for a rigorous four-year university.
- Facilitate student learning by designing lessons, leading small groups and conferencing with students, Provide direct instruction based on student need.
- Lead and own results of an advisory that meets daily.
- Constantly review student level data to inform instruction and student groupings.
- Collaborate with other teachers (gen ed and special ed) across content areas and vertically by content area.Curate lessons via a mix of teacher created lessons and on-line
- Support student learning outside the classroom â€" facilitate clubs, after-school tutoring, attend school/community events, etc.
Certified to teach Special Education in IL High School.
We offer a chance to make huge impact in urban education by creating an academic model that leverages great teaching and the precision of technology to personalize education for each student.
Our team has a unique mix of charter and deep CPS experience that creates a broad range of perspectives. Our special education team will also have access to mentors with 60 years of collective special education experience including district leadership, teacher training and coaching and IEP development.
Finally, we offer a chance to be a part of an elite peer group. We collaborate with some of the most successful traditional charter and district schools and the most innovative schools nationally as we refine our model. The transformations we see starting at our new campus will be shared across the city, the state and the nation to every school ready to install blended classrooms.
apply at www.intrinsicschools.org/careers