Latest Job Listings
Job Category: Early Intervention
Posted on Thursday, 20. of November 2014
Works with developmentally delayed children of American military families stationed overseas, in a home-based early intervention program.
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Special Education, a minimum of two years experience recently working with developmentally delayed children in the 0, 1 & 2-year age population in a home-based early intervention capacity, and a current & application state teaching license/certification
Excellent compensation (tax-advantaged); relocation provided; medical, dental and retirement benefits; generous paid time off
LynnR@magnummedicaloverseas.com or 800-852-5678 x.156 or fax 513-984-4909
Job Category: Executive
Posted on Friday, 31. of October 2014
The Episcopal Center for Children (ECC) is a private, nonprofit, non-denominational day treatment facility for emotionally troubled children and their families from the greater Washington, DC area. The program is designed for children between the ages of 5 to 11 years and with sufficient cognitive ability to benefit from the program. Acceptance is based on the needs of the children and families, regardless of religious affiliation, race, or financial status. The goal of treatment, therapeutic milieu, and individualized special education programming is to empower each child to function productively within his/her family and the community, to return to his/her public school, and have a real opportunity for a successful, emotionally healthy, and productive future. The ECC's programming is based on the core belief in children, their strengths, and in what they can be.
The incoming Executive Director will report to and work collaboratively with the Board of Directors in leading ECC to sustain its fundamental purpose while focusing on its long-term vision. The incoming Executive Director will succeed Mr. Alan Korz who is retiring after many years of dedication and excellence. The ECC is seeking an effective leader to continue and build on the work of the past five decades, engaging in a comprehensive strategic plan and advancing ECC's mission.
The successful candidate will function as a development and operational leader, providing strategic direction in seven key areas:
1) Strategic Vision and Leadership;
2) Governance and Legal;
4) Development and Fundraising;
5) Organization Infrastructure and Staffing;
6) Financial Management; and
7) Program Development.
The successful candidate will be a consummate relationship builder and serve as the voice and face of the organization.
Candidates must have a master's degree in social work, clinical psychology, special education, or a related field with demonstrated knowledge of child development and growth, at least 10 years experience in child and/or adolescent mental health delivery, at least five years experience in an administrative or supervisory capacity, and demonstrated leadership, management, and fundraising success.
To apply, email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org at RCG Executive Search (email applications are required). Please include ECC Executive Search in the Subject Line of email messages. The Executive Director job description will be emailed upon request.
Job Category: Education Therapist for Brain Injured Patients
Posted on Tuesday, 14. of October 2014
SPECIAL ED TEACHER!
The position is full time, M-F only with paid holidays! Excellent benefits!
- Tests and evaluates patients using formal and informal methods.
- Develops and implements individual educational goals and treatment plans for assigned
- Employs academic courses of study and methods to enhance academic levels.
- Reviews and revises programs as deemed necessary.
- Attends and reports verbally or in writing in conferences
- Prepares conference summaries/reports for each assigned patient as needed per month.
E-mail: hrtx@neuroskills, Tel: 972-580-8500, Fax: 972-255-3162,
1320 W. Walnut Hill, Irving
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Teaching Credential, preferably in Special Education is preferred.
- Experience in rehabilitation or with developmentally disabled is preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Education or related field.
- Health, Life and Dental insurance options
- Paid Time Off Accrual
- Holiday Pay
- Continuing Education opportunities
Send resume to email@example.com or fax to 972-871-5327.
Job Category: Teacher
Posted on Thursday, 09. of October 2014
- Understand developmental levels of scholars and appropriately differentiate instruction
- Understand and use variety of data and data sources for lesson planning
- Monitor and modify lesson plans to heighten learning
- Effect variety of strategies to meet learning styles of scholars Integrate and use technology in instruction
- Help scholars to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Seek and collaborate with specialists who can support special needs of scholars.
Establish and Maintain Effective Learning Environment
- Set and maintain high expectations for academic performance and behavior
- Foster nurturing, respectful, and positive classroom environment
- Collaborate with peers and instructional leaders to ensure rigorous and appropriate instruction
- Treat scholars as individuals
- Ensure scholar engagement and learning.
Know Content Area and Apply Interdisciplinary Content Knowledge
- Align instruction with Common Core Standards and Chavez Curriculum Guide Bring richness and depth of understanding to classroom
- Demonstrate interconnectedness of content areas/disciplines
- Make instruction relevant
- Integrate public policy into coursework
- Take responsibility for scholar progress
- Grow and learn: work collaboratively to create learning community
- Promote confidence and build partnerships within school community e.g. parents, guardians, community stakeholders, etc.
- Actively participate in professional development programs
- Assume role in school improvement beyond the classroom
- Keep current on trends, legislation and developments related to education.
- Passion for educating traditionally underserved scholars Intense commitment to high standards and excellence
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of relevant teaching experience
- Demonstrated content expertise
- Achievement of NCLB's Highly Qualified standard (successful completion of the appropriate Praxis content test; or undergrad/grad major or equivalent in content area)
Talent Acquisition Manager