Distinguished Service Award in Special Education
The NASET Distinguished Service Award in Special Education is given to an individual(s) that has made a commitment to educate and/or advocate for children with disabilities and their families on a national or international level.
The NASET Distinguished Service Award in Special Education is NASET's most prestigious award and is bestowed annually. The winner of this award exemplifies a genuine concern for the education and well being of children with special needs.
Nominators are encouraged to consider addressing any or all of the activities listed below, in order to demonstrate the candidate's unique qualifications for the NASET Distinguished Service Award in Special Education
Candidates will be judged based upon the following criteria:
- Engagements with Students in Educational Activities (outside of classroom)
- Other Demonstrations of Quality Teaching
- Relationships with Students, Parents, Colleagues, Administrators, etc.
- Teaching Honors, Awards, or Recognition
- Teaching Innovations
Service (outside of classroom)
- Community Service
- Other Areas of Service
- Service Honors, Awards, or Recognition
- Service to Professional Organizations
- Service within School District
- Awards and/or Certifications
- Membership/Participation in Professional Organizations
- Other Contributions to the Profession
- Professional Development and/or Continued Education Publication