IEP Components - Annual Goals
In a manner of speaking, annual goals are like a road map. Where's the child heading this year? What will he or she work on, both academically and in terms of functional development? What does the IEP team feel the child can achieve by the end of the year–again, academically and functionally? This issue of NASET's IEP Components Series will examine annual goals. Information to be addressed includes:
- Annual goals, in a nutshell
- IDEA's exact words
- Close tie between "present levels" and annual goals
- Using prompting questions
- Addressing the child's academic and functional needs
- The importance of "annual" and "measurable"
- What about objectives?
NASET Members - Login to access this issue of NASET's IEP COMPONENTS SERIES