UCPA of the Tri-Counties: PROSPECT SCHOOL
Prospect School has been providing preschool and school age educational services in our community for over 40 years. A hands-on learning approach is incorporated to enhance development of specific skills. This approach includes learning stations and activity areas to foster exploration, creativity and independence. The curriculum emphasizes activities to encourage language, cognitive, social and motor skill development. The Center is licensed by the New York State Education Department, the New York State Department of Health, and the Office of Mental Retardation and Developmental Disabilities.
- Certified teachers, early childhood educators, and teacher assistants in all classrooms.
- Staff to student ratios support guided and closely supervised school experiences.
- Center and theme based instruction within the classroom to foster active participation and learning.
- Interactive computer systems to enhance language and cognitive development.
- On-going communication with families regarding their child’s activities.
- Observation booths to accommodate non-disruptive viewing and encourage families to be involved in their child’s education.
- Positive behavior management and intervention approaches designed to guide and shape children’s behavior.
- On-going student assessment to determine progress and need areas.
Students ages two through twenty one can receive educational services through Prospect School. Disabilities served include all types of developmental disabilities (i.e., cerebral palsy, autism, etc.).
Prospect School is a provider of special education (preschool and school age) services, nursery school, clinic and diagnostic & treatment services for health related issues, and developmental evaluations. The school employs over 150 staff, including certified special education teachers and assistants, nurses, psychologists, therapists and administrators.
A. Larrie Gouge, Executive Director
133 Aviation Road
Queensbury, NY 12804