Abraxas School at Woodridge
Our Illinois programs are Illinois State Board of Education approved non-public day treatment programs and alternative education services. The educational foundation of Abraxas Education is based on the belief that making a significant difference in the lives of youth today will provide them with a brighter future tomorrow.
Our mission and commitment is to provide our students with an alternative learning option that best supports their unique needs and helps them to secure confidence in their ability to learn, grow and be successful.
We are dedicated to challenging and developing our students academically, emotionally, and socially through positive role modeling and meaningful interaction by providing a structured, safe, and quality education setting.
Students participate in a full school day that includes social, emotional, and academic support such as individual counseling, group counseling, character education, goal planning, and interpersonal skills training. The use of PBIS (Positive Behavior Interventions and Support) through ART (aggression replacement training) and CBT (cognitive behavior therapy) provide the framework for our service delivery model.
Our greatest success has been working with students that are:
- At risk of dropping out of school
- Experiencing behavioral or emotional difficulties and/or specific learning disabilities in their home school
- At risk of being expelled or suspended from school
- In need of family counseling and support
- Demonstrate need for addressing drug/alcohol abuse
- Returning to the community from residential treatment or placement
- Habitually truant and/or exhibit defiant behavior
- In conflict with school officials, including persistent violation of school policies and rules
We provide alternative education, counseling and social services to adolescent students between the ages of 14 – 21.
A comprehensive array of related services and initiatives provide a treatment profile that allows youth placed in the program the maximum opportunity for remediation, treatment and successful transition to a less restrictive environment. Some of the services we provide include:
- Prepare Curriculum (Arnold Goldstein)
- Public School District Curriculum
- 45 day interim placements available
- Extended School Year available
- Credit Recovery Services
- Drug and Alcohol treatment
- Motivational Interviewing
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Expressive Therapies
For more information or to make a referral please contact:
Nicole M. Randick
2221 64th Street
Woodridge, IL 60517