Wings Learning Center
Wings Learning Center (WLC) recognizes the unique needs and learning differences of children with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). The acknowledgement of the child as a primary force in the educational process has led WLC to develop a program that includes methodologies and approaches that address the most compelling challenges children with ASD face. These challenges are creatively addressed through appropriate interventions and support that include:
- Innovative curriculum and flexible application of educational and therapeutic strategies based on current research, effective practices, and each student's individual learning style, needs, abilities and interests.
- An emphasis on social and play skills that contribute to a more socially engaged child.
- Speech/Language Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Social Skill Facilitation.
- Helping students learn to replace idiosyncratic routines and rituals with more socially meaningful interests and activities and to become more flexible and adaptable during transitions across environments.
Wings is a school for children and young adults between the ages of 5 and 18.
Respect for each child’s learning differences is the cornerstone of our philosophy.
Our mission is two-fold:
- First to create a learning environment where children can learn academic, social and interactive skills at a self challenging pace.
- Second, to provide education opportunities for professionals to obtain the necessary skills to promote effective inclusive environments for children with different learning abilities.