Stillwater Academy was founded in 1998 to help support the theraputic program called Turnabout. It is a family-based program designed to help teens, ages 12 to 18, overcome challenges and bring families closer together. We believe anger, running away, school failure, drup/alcohol abuse, sexual promiscuity and depression are typically outward manifestations of issues that may be going on beneath the surface in a teenager's life. It is our mission to help teens and their families identify and resolve these underlying issues. We believe change is always possible. We believe choice, personal responsibility, awareness, compassion, self-discover, challenge and hard work are elements necessary to bring about change.
Stillwater Academy is a school developed to meet the needs of junior high and high school students as part of their experience at Turnabout. It offers students the opportunity to go to school in a safe and secure environment, as well as rediscover the enjoyment and power of learning. Our teachers and counselors work closey together to ensure consistency between the therapy components of the program and the school.
Student Disabilities Served:
- ED Emotional Impaierment
- LD Learning Disablilities
- OHI Other Health Impaired
- Special education teacher to teach basic math, consumer math, applied algebra and applied geometry.
- Special education teacher who teached 9/10 grade English either on her own, or as a team teacher with the english teacher. Accommodations are made on the assignments to fit the abilities of the students.
- Special education teacher tracks the special education students in their other classes. She also keeps the teacher informed about student accommodations.
- The class sizes are small with only 5 to 15 students in a class.
- Students participate in daily therapy.
- Two hours in large group therapy.
- One hour in small group therapy.
- Individual therapy as needed.
11175 S. Redwood Rd.
South Jordan, UT 84095
Phone: (801) 484-9911
Fax: (801) 302-7954