Q & A Corner - Issue #8
Issue #8 Questions and Answers about Eligibility for Special Education and Procedural Safeguards Under IDEA
This NASET Q & A Corner will provide you with the answers to the following questions about technology and universal design:
- What is an Eligibility Committee?
- What are the responsibilities of the Eligibility Committee?
- Who are the Members of the Eligibility Committee?
- What is the Role of the Parent/guardian Member on the Eligibility Committee?
- What is a Recommendation to the Eligibility Committee?
- What are the Procedures for Determining Eligibility?
- What are Procedural Safeguards?
- What are Parent/Guardians' Rights Regarding Notice?
- What are Parent/Guardians' Rights Regarding Consent?
- What are Parent/Guardians' Rights for Evaluation, Reevaluation and Independent Educational Evaluation?
- Do Parent/Guardians Need to Inform the School District if They Intend to Seek an Independent Educational Evaluation?
NASET Members - Login to access this issue of the NASET Q & A Corner